GO FAME is the Greater Owensboro Chapter of KY FAME (The Kentucky Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education), a company-sponsored partnership of regional employers who share the goal of creating a pipeline of highly skilled workers.
Employers start training students while they are still in school. Students receive hands-on and classroom training that gives them access to high-paying advanced manufacturing jobs.
Be smart, focused and ready for a well-paying career!
Dive into a challenging advanced manufacturing career while receiving the education needed to build a great resume.
By considering a career in advanced manufacturing and becoming a part of the GO FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program, the student will
- Earn a two-year degree as an Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT)
- Work at a local employer three days a week (and get paid!)
- Graduate with an Applied Science Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology-Advanced Manufacturing Technician, two-years work experience, little or no debt, and potential job after four semesters
Students will learn:
- Fluid Power
- And more...
- What will a typical week look like?
- The student will attend classes two full days per week (8-10 hours) at Owensboro Community and Technical College while working 24 hours per week at an employer sponsored facility for a competitive wage.
- What will happen after completion of the program?
- Completion of an Applied Science degree
- Earn approximately 2,000 hours of one-the-job training and work experience
- Opportunity for full-time employment with sponsoring employer
- Consider further education in engineering or other discipline
- What are the eligibility requirements for GO FAME?
- High school graduate (or equivalent)
- Attend college two days a week at Owensboro Community and Technical College
- Work 24 hours per week at sponsoring company to gain experience on-site, and receive in-plant coaching and mentoring
- How to apply:
- Click http://www.owensboroworks.com/go_fame/application.php to fill out the GO FAME application.
- Apply to OCTC or update application if already a student.
If you have not taken the ACT or COMPASS, or if your scores are below the requirements, please register to take the COMPASS test. Contact information and testing schedule is listed below.
The START Center at Owensboro Community and Technical College Main Campus, located on the second level of the Campus Center Building. Please call 270-686-4533 for testing information and scheduling.
|9:00 am||9:00 am||9:00 am||9:00 am||9:00 am|
|1:30 pm||1:30 pm||1:30 pm||1:30 pm|
*ACT or COMPASS scores required for entering the GO FAME program are listed below.
|Math||19 or higher||Math||31 or higher|
|Reading||20 or higher||Reading||85 or higher|
|English||20 or higher||English||81 or higher|
Have official transcripts from previous colleges as well as high school sent to:
OCTC Student Records
4800 New Hartford Rd.
Owensboro KY, 42303
File for financial aid at www.FASFA.com.
For questions or concerns, please contact Katie Vincent at 270-686-4423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.